1. Tell us about yourself - who you are, where you are from?
2. Where in LA do you live?
In the Hollywood Hills, although we JUST sold our house...
3. As a mother of two, how do you cope with running a coffee shop (Neighborhood) as well being the creative director of Saie Beauty?! (We are in full admiration!)
We have incredible teams! Which allows me to come in and do my job really well and leave the rest to them.
4. Can you tell us more about Saie Beauty, and how did you come to be involved?
Saie is a clean makeup line that launched just over a year ago. The founder, Laney, came to me while she was contemplating the idea and asked me to be involved - it was an easy yes! I was ten years into my clean beauty journey and not only saw the huge gap in the market, but I had a very clear vision of what we should create. And that’s what we went and did, along with our incredible formulator, Sarah.
5. What is your favorite product from the Saie range?
6. What has motherhood taught you?
How to separate my heart from my ego. A learning that changed me forever in the best way possible.
7. What does your day to day look like?
Everyday is wildly different and wildly the same during quarantine. It’s a constant juggling act of trying to be present for my girls, making time to work, cooking what feels like 27 meals a day, and taking care of myself with small things like getting some sunshine and my steps.
8. You are also quite the foodie. What are your go-to meals for the family?
We’re pescatarians so we eat a lot of fish and plant-based dishes. Current go-to is pan seared sea bass topped with either fresh lemon and herbs, butter/capers/lemon or stewed tomatoes/olives/capers. Served with a little arugula salad and roasted potatoes or rice...easy, healthy and so good!
9. How do you stay fit?
Right now during quarantine, I’m fully committed to at least 7500 steps every single day (I use a fitbit to count them) and one 5-15 minute online workout. It’s completely achievable (albeit, I do confess, most days the online workouts are 5 minutes) which is what matters to me right now. I’m certainly not in the best shape of my life, but I’m happy.
10. What springs to mind when you think of VARLEY?
The chicest workout gear there is! I just love how elevated everything is.
11. Any more kids?!
I never say never...
12. What is on the horizon?
Ohhh so much! Saie is launching with a major retailer next month so we’re gearing up.