1. Introduce yourself: your name and where you’re from.
Hello! I’m Rosemary Ferguson and I’m from Oxfordshire, UK.
2. Where do you live?
I live in a little village in the Cotswolds called Filkins.
3. Tell us about how you started out as a nutritionist and if it was always something you were interested in?
Even from a young age when I was modeling, I became interested in the connection between what we put into our bodies and how we feel and function on a daily basis. I think it was back then that first sparked something in me. My inner nutrition nerd led me back to college to study at The College of Naturopathic Medicine. The training took three years and I qualified as a naturopath and nutritionist in 2009 and now run a clinic on Harley Street in London.
Prior to that, I modeled for a long time: traveling, working, playing, and feeling run down. I spent an even longer time being less than angelic! I am pretty well versed in fatigue and stress which inevitably led me to study nutrition. I was fascinated with the body and how we treat it. It wasn’t always an interest until I was a little older.
4. How do you stay fit?
I actually really enjoy running! I’m a big fan and I aim to run three times a week and then the other days I do stretching and yoga. Since my time in Bodrum at the LifeCo retreat, I try to practice meditation also. Plus, I have four dogs that always need walking!
5. What is your typical breakfast, lunch, and dinner?
A protein smoothie for breakfast, maybe a veggie-heavy salad for lunch or a hearty soup/stew (depending on the time of year!), and dinner is normally fish, chicken or tempeh with roasted veggies, maybe a quinoa dish or stir fry, stuffed sweet potato or a homemade curry with brown rice.
6. If you could host someone for dinner, past or present, who would it be?
7. What is your favorite place in the world?
8. Who or what inspires you?
My husband and girls, also my clients and the like-minded people I work with in this industry.
9. Tell us something about yourself that not many people know.
I’m a twin!
10. What is your most guilty pleasure?
A glass of rose on summer evenings, pub chips at the weekend, a white crusty baguette, or a warm croissant in Paris.
11. If you were sent to a desert island, what three items would you take with you?
SPF 50 face cream, a wide-brimmed sun hat, and a bag of snacks.
12. What keeps you motivated (especially during a pandemic)?
My work constantly motivates and inspires me as I am meeting new people/clients. My husband Jake is also incredibly inspiring and hard-working, so I think we help each other in that aspect.